Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Smile Precure: Cure Sunny S.H. Figuarts Review

Cure Sunny

Packaging:

Front -> Back -> Right -> Left -> Top   

    As stated in my Cure Happy review, the Smile line has some amazing package design. The colors and posing are outstanding; however there are some things that affect Sunny and Beauty specifically that I will mention.

    I'm assuming due to the inclusion of Pop, Sunny's tray doesn't include a slot for her stand. Where does the stand reside then? In a plastic bag.

    Call it nitpicking, but I find this to be a really big put-off. Happy came with Candy and didn't have this problem. I'm more understanding for Beauty's sword, but at the same time; surely there could have been a better way than a cheap plastic baggy?


Packaging Score: 3/5


    Figure time!


    (Not including basic pairs) Sunny has 3 pairs of hands, one singular extra hand, 3 expressions, a neck joint, and the big brother we all know, Pop! Per standard, she also comes with a stand that's branded with her name and series.

    Sunny only has one more accessory than Happy, but something about that one singular hand makes her seem all the more worth-while. I think it's the not having two glued together hands that make it look better. This is totally unrelated, but I wish the Smile cures had a better backdrop. Now these aren't technically supposed to be backdrops (I think), but I know the Heartcatch cures came with their finishing move flowers, so I feel having something other than a plain backdrop would have been pretty nice.


Accessory Score: 3/5
 

    Sunny's sculpt is absolutely gorgeous. She's right up there with Peace. Due to Sunny's hairstyle itself, she doesn't suffer from solid PVC overload; which means she has amazing articulation. Very smooth, very non-restrictive. Standard figure points (neck, arms, legs, etc). Skirt hindrance, of course, but other than that the possibilities are endless.

   Sunny's face, in comparison to Happy, is far more accurate in the expression and conveying of the character. True to the show counterpart and radiating energy, I have no issues with the face of Sunny's figuart.


Sculpt Score: 5/5

Articulation Score: 5/5

Accuracy Score: 5/5



Final Thoughts

    Sunny's figure is amazing, definitely the best out of the Smile series. She doesn't suffer from excessive top-heavyness, her sculpt and expressions are true to the original content, she's just a well-made figure all around. I didn't pay full-price for this figure, as it was an exclusive in addition to being second hand, but I wouldn't have any problems with doing so had I been collecting at the time.

Overall Score: 4.4/5








No comments:

Post a Comment