Sunday, October 25, 2020

Smile Precure: Cure Beauty S.H. Figuarts Review

Cure Beauty

Packaging:





Front -> Back -> Right -> Left -> Top

    She's beauty, she's grace, she'll shoot snow at your face. (More puns aha.) Her icy themed packaging looks great on the outside, however; due to the inclusion of her sword, her stand comes in an atrocious plastic bag. Even worse than Sunny, because it's the entire stand in one huge plastic bag.

Packaging Score: 3/5

    Figure time!

    (Not including basic pairs) Beauty has 4 pairs of hands, one being glued together for the smile pact she comes with, 3 expressions, the handy dandy neck joint, and her sword. I love how she has her sword, it's a great accessory. Her bow would have also been nice to see. While the inclusion of her sword did cause the ugly bag, I'll still give her the extra credit where it's due. Of course, stand and backdrop/manual are also included.

Accessory Score: 5/5


Beauty's overall sculpt is nice, but it does seem a little...off? I don't know how to describe it. Her face is probably the biggest part of it; I don't think she radiates the same energy she does in the show, which is really sad because Beauty is a great character. Her hair parts are pose-able, which is always great to see, and don't weigh her down whatsoever.

  Here is a closeup of the hair joint and her face.

Sculpt Score: 4/5

Articulation Score: 4/5

Accuracy Score: 4/5


Final Thoughts

    Beauty's figure is pretty standard. I wouldn't say it's amazing, but it's definitely not bad. I'm pretty sad her face isn't as elegant as her show counterpart, but she can still get some amazing poses (I really like that last pose I put her in.)

    Well this ends the main Smile cure figuarts! I'm really satisfied with them, despite their flaws. For my first series, it makes me a little giddy to see them all together on my shelf. I'm going to post Echo next, since I do consider her at least related to the Smile pack, then following her I will be starting the Yes! Precure 5 Gogo! line.

Overall Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment